The most dangerous end of a pit bull is its butt. Any doggie fart is bad, but pit bulls have the worst gas possible. A pit bull’s gas can clear a room so fast, you literally have to pinch your nose and run. I can’t say for sure that it is a pit bull thing… but I do know that every pit bull that I have met has had horrible gas.
Just like anything else, when it comes to your pit bulls stinky behind, if you are unsure what to do about it please consult with your veterinarian.
There could be a few different reasons that pit bulls have such bad gas:
- It could be that your pit bull is not getting enough exercise, so the gas just builds up until it’s a big stink bomb.
- If your dog gobbles their food to fast, then they could be inhaling too much air, which would cause greater amounts of gas.
- A high protein diet can cause massive stink passes gas
- Your pit bull could have a food allergy that is causing excessive, smelly passes gas
- If you have changed your pit bull’s food recently, then give it a little more time. Your dog’s system could still be trying to get used to the new food.
Here are some things you can do to try to stop your pit bull’s gas:
- Put a tennis ball or a fist size rock in the food dish. Having to eat around the ball or rock should slow down your dog’s eating, which means less air being swallowed.
- Increase you pit bull’s exercise. Exercise will help move everything along and hopefully end in your dog pooping instead of gasing everyone out of the house.
- You could try to add some plain, non-fat yogurt to your pit bull’s food. It can help with digestion.
- You could also try to switch your pit bull’s diet. Try a high quality food that is highly digestible and low in fiber. Gradually change the food so as not to upset your dog’s stomach any more than it already is.
If these tricks don’t help, or you want a professional opinion right away, then make sure
you take your dog to the veterinarian. There could be a medical problem going on. Your pit bull’s smelly farts could be linked to inflammatory bowel disease, internal parasites, tumors, and exocrine pancreatic insufficiency.
No matter the reason (unless it’s medical) everyone passes gas Some times it’s silent but deadly and other times it’s loud and rank. I have yet to meet anyone that hasn’t laughed at a fart. So when your pit bull lets a smelly one go, just have a laugh and run out the door before his or her gas kills you. Pit bulls really do have deadly gas. Their butts are toxic and the most dangerous part of them.